BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Pre-Halloween Prep










Yay! The package from April arrived today filled with costumes, candy and the much awaited Diary of a Wimpy Kid Dog Days. The kids raced home from school to put on their costumes and then played Bote, Bote which is the Spanish version of kick the can with the neighbor kids in the building. There is a 9-year-old girl who called a couple times to see if Emma could play down on the patio. They also ate See's Candy during their lesson with Elena. They LOVE the costumes and fake weapons.


Emma and I went over to Marta and Lucía´s house for a play date. They are renting an apartment near el Parque de las Ciencias. Their apartment is the nicest I've seen here. It was brand new and modern and in what one of my language partners calls "the Beverly Hills of Granada." Their apartment had a nice view of the park. I spent three hours talking with them in Spanish about living in Granada, raising kids, working vs. staying home. Emma and her friends played down in the communal area and also drew a bunch of Halloween pictures. They are going to school dressed in their costumes.

I really enjoyed talking with Inma and her husband (he's a doctor). I felt very at home with them. They are super nice. She brought me a shawl when it cooled off outside and made me some herbal tea. We also talked about living in foreign countries and how it is beneficial. She also said I could use her oven since mine is diabolic. She wanted to learn how to bake some new stuff anyway and I thought it would be fun to do with the girls. Emma finally suggested that we go home since she, "needs more sleep than these Spanish girls."

Honestly, I wish we could stay for longer. I never thought I would feel that way, but Aidan and Emma are thriving here and so am I. I love making new friends and learning about other cultures. I love it here! AND Inma and her husband kept saying how good my Spanish is!

1 comments:

Grammy A said...

Okay... the kids look awesome in their costumes... but Collin looked HILARIOUS with those plastic "eye-eggs!" Priceless!

I'm SO happy the package came in time for your Halloween festivities! Hopefully the goodies brought a smile to my little Ian.