BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Don Juan de Granada








Aidan is an unwitting ladies' man. He has all the 5th grade girls chasing after him, staring at him in class and now sending him LOVE NOTES. The first one, which he got last week, was pretty tame.


It read, "I don't know your name, but all the girls in the 5th grade like you. Some girls have told me. If you want answer me give me a card." A sixth grade girl, presumably the messenger, gave it to him.

He showed it to Elena, the kids' tutor, and she helped him write a very diplomatic response, "My name is Aidan. Fifth grade girls seem friendly. Aidan."

Aidan was walking around at recess with his hand in his pocket containing the original note and his response. His friend Raul saw his strange behavior and reached into Aidan's pocket, grabbed the notes and read them out loud while keeping them out of Aidan's reach. This raised the ire of the 5th grade girls and they spent the rest of recess chasing Aidan around. Luckily, Aidan is the fastest kid at school (according to him) and so he emerged from the fray unscathed physically, but with mixed feelings about the 5th grade girls and his friend.

Today he received ANOTHER love note, this time much longer and much bolder,

"They have told me that your name is Aidan and that's how it's spelled, right? I didn't know if your name is written this way, but it doesn't matter. I told you not to show anyone the note and you went and showed it to your friend. I wrote in the other card that some girls like you, but not all. If you are going to respond to the other card, do it at recess. I've heard that you put I LOVE (spelled in English) to some girls. I'm sure that you and your friend (presumably Raul) have girlfriends because you are both handsome, but very handsome. Do you like any girl in your class? Tell me and don't be shy and don't write that you don't like any girl and don't say that you like like girl from the 6th grade. Write which girls are pretty in your class, write names. I LOVE YOU ARE HANDSOME. If I tell you I LOVE, what do you have to say to that? Answer me in a card at recess."

That is much bolder than any note I ever sent in 5th grade. I am very curious to figure out who this girl is. What is amazing to me is that we are in a different country, but the boys and girls act the same. Aidan acts embarrassed and "scared" on the outside, but it is obvious that secretly he enjoys the attention. He never got to respond to the first note since Raul stole it and I'm not sure if he is going to respond to the second. I think the safest course of action would be to not write back, but where's the fun in that? Maybe I will help him compose another diplomatic response. He's only 10 and very handsome, what will happen when he is a teenager?
His teacher Elena has started calling him a "Latin Lover."

1 comments:

Grammy A said...

Aidan is more than handsome... he is GORGEOUS! I wouldn't blame the girls if they ALL loved him, but I want him to stay my sweet, innocent boy!