BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, August 16, 2009

FHE in the Park











The other night we had FHE in the park with some members of the ward. Justo gave the lesson. Afterwards, everyone shared some food. Sara brought tortilla, Ana Maria brought some hotdogs in spicy ketchup that we ate on saltines. Are saltines part of a balanced Mexican diet? I was lazy and brought potato chips and soda. The kids mostly ran around with the other kids. Ian climbed some trees. Ana Maria said she wants me to teach her English, so I am going to go a little early to my presidency meeting so we can do a language exchange. I think she is traveling to the states in the fall with Justo for a conference on volcanic science.


The kids and I were supposed to meet Nuria and her son for a language exchange at the park on Thursday night. As soon as we got to the park it started pouring and I mean POURING! I waited for her for about 15 minutes while Aidan and Emma ran around screaming in the rain. Then we walked home. Everything in my bag got soaked. I had to throw away some maps and my English-Spanish dictionary is kind of ruined. While we were walking home, the kids started laughing and saying, "Mom, we can see your bum!" I was wearing a light colored dress and when we got rained on, it was pretty sheer. No wonder everyone huddled under store awnings was staring at us when we walked home in the rain. I just thought that they thought we were crazy for walking home in the rain.

2 comments:

Grammy A said...

Speaking of rain... is that your undies I see?

Anonymous said...

Yeah, you should have seen the view from behind.