BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Felíz Cumpleaños a Ian











We celebrated Ian's birthday on the 14th instead of on his actual birthday. He ate a gofre (belgian waffle with crushed sugar cubes in the batter) with chocolate sauce for his breakfast in bed. He insisted on wearing what he called his "birthday outfit" which is a yellow hand me down shirt of Aidan's with "NYC" printed on the front and some black hand me down soccer shorts from Emma. He asked me every day leading up to his birthday if I could make sure and wash them so they were clean on his birthday. The kids all went to Vid Boys again for two hours and ate lunch at Burger King. Ian got an actual kids' meal since we were celebrating his birthday. Afterwards, we went to the pool. Ian asked for sour strawberry spaghetti candy. I also got him a cake filled with cream and covered with chocolate and chocolate sprinkles. I think we celebrated with too much fun and sugar because Ian was in a foul mood after the pool. He kept trying to leave the room when we were singing Happy Birthday to him.


Aidan made Ian a book for his birthday about brothers. Ian loves it and I love the pictures!

There were some English people at the pool and I forced a friendship between their 8-year-old daughter and Emma. It didn't last. I don't know why I try so hard to help the kids make friends. I know that it needs to happen naturally, but I want them to make some friends so badly. We see our church friends a couple of times a week. I guess we're used to playing with friends every day, me included.

I also had my first Spanish lesson that day. My teacher's name is Rebecca. Right now I am reviewing stuff I already know, which is fine with me. I don't think I paid enough attention in the many Spanish classes I have taken, so the review is actually a really good idea. I have a hard time with este, esta, ese, estos, aquel, etc., The kids also met their Spanish teacher, Elena. My teacher is kind of serious and strict. Their teacher is fun and cheerful. But, I think it worked out for the best. Ian is struggling with his lessons, so it is better that he has a sweet and caring teacher. She calls him "campeon" which means "champ."

I managed to do the grocery shopping in less than an hour and meet Collin and the kids over at the mall.

Collin keeps stealing my pillow and wrapping the entire sheet around himself and laying smack in the middle of the bed when I stay up later than him. I don't think it is a conscious effort to banish me to the couch, but none the less that is the end result. He has trouble sleeping and so I try my best not to wake him up, plus I can read myself to sleep on the couch with the light on and not disturb him.

Doesn't this boiled egg white chunk look exactly like the Marshmallow Puff Man's hand? What could the significance be? My family is really superstitious so it MUST mean something;)

1 comments:

Señora H-B said...

sour spaghetti candy is my favorite. so tangy and delicious!