BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, July 30, 2009

High on Choco Crack













Got up early today, HOORAY! We walked to the Albacin, where the mosque and the lookout are. In the Plaza Larga, we all sat down for a glass of juice. It was a little disappointing that we didn't score any free tapas. The clouds of smoke coming from the other patrons didn't improve our situation either. The lemonade at the mosque with yerba buena in it was yummy as always, but the kids said it tasted like pesto. Our bus card has a 2 for 1 offer on double cheeseburgers from Burger King so we stopped their and Collin and the kids each had their own double cheese burger. I'm not a red meat eater so I held out for some leftover black beans I made yesterday. After a quick stop at the Corte Ingles to admire some indoor soccer shoes that I'm trying to convince Collin to get himself for his birthday, we went home.


During a mandatory siesta, Aidan and Emma kept trying our patience by hiding at the end of the bed and giggling while the rest of us were trying to sleep. I slept the longest-3 hours. We ate pesto pasta and cucumber and tomato salad with bonito for dinner. I played Wig Out, a fun card game that April sent us. Each kid is having a hard time being a good sport.

The kids wore their heelys for our second walk. We took the bus to Alcampo-the Costco of Spain. There were tons of food stuffs and things I would love to buy there, including Choco Crack (cereal;) Alcampo has a babysitting service that I think we might take advantage of the next time we go there. We're all driving each other bonkers with all this togetherness. The kids need some time apart from each other badly, there is way too much bickering and teasing going on. Aidan ate it on pretty hard on the way home from Alcampo. He was pretty shook up.

We're taking a break from heelys for about a week after Collin and I got our feet smashed up by the kids' heelys a few too many times today.

Yesterday I walked about 16,000 steps. Today I think I am going to pass 25,000 which I am very excited about. Tomorrow I am going to try to run in the morning to get a little time by myself and work on working out.

Would you rather dry yourself with a towel that feels like steel wool because it dried outside on a clothesline or dry yourself with a softer, used towel that smells sour?

4 comments:

Grammy A said...

Absolutely the clean steel-wool towel! I LIKE scratchy towels! Besides... if you USE a sour smelling towel... YOU'LL smell like a sour smelling towel!

Kirsten said...

Glad to see I'm not the only scratchy towel fan. :) I'd rather air dry than use a stinky towel.

Kirsten said...

Also, I hope you print this blog into a book when you get home. What a fun record of your time there.

LAR Girl said...

Yes, I am definitely planning on printing it into a book.