BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Feliz Cumpleanos a Aidan





Monday was Aidan's 10th birthday. This will be his second birthday spent in Spain. I remember buying a frozen strawberry cake for him in Madrid when he turned two. This time he had French Toast in bed. We took him and the other kids to a Chuck E. Cheese type place called "Vid Boys." They ran around in in tubes and jumped in the ball pit which had a pulley over it. Afterwards, we shot each other with Nerf ball air cannons and played air hockey. We ate lunch at telepizza. At home we had Fanta floats per Aidan's request and they were actually yummy, similar to an orange creamsicle. We also watched Hook, one of my favorite kid movies. After Aidan's favorite dinner, French Toast (again) with bacon, I took Aidan out alone to a cafe where we each had a soda, some tortilla and pineapple. Then we walked around for awhile by the river and tried to get a picture of the bats. We hid forever next to our front gate so we could scare Collin, but he took too long coming back. I read to Aidan and scratched his back. Overall, it was a pretty good birthday. We suffered some repercussions later when Aidan had insomnia at 1:30 am, probably from all the Fanta and candy he consumed. 


Today was my last day of Spanish class. We studied condicional verb tenses. I am sad that it is over because I really need the grammar lessons. 

I met with my friend Annahil. We spoke Spanish for a couple of hours. We talked about the difficulties of food storage, books and movies, food, travel and how hard it is to learn a new language. She likes Jane Austen and Danielle Steele. 

I am currently reading Driving Over Lemons: an optimist in Andalucia by Chris Stewart (in English), The Invention of Hugo Cabret (in Spanish) and Montmorency (in Spanish, but I have read it before in English). I still have not finish Tales of the Alhambra or The Modern Spaniards. 

I find it really hard to cook here. The burners are hard to control and light and the temperatures on the dial have worn off with time. We've only cooked meat in the house once and it was not a success. So eggs, beans, nuts and lunch meat it is for now. 

We found out who the kids have for school when they start in January and each of them has at least one friend that we know of in their class. The principals of both schools want them to be able to communicate with their classmates through Skype which would be cool. 

I am seriously in love with our air conditioner, even if it only keeps one room in the house cool. 

1 comments:

Grammy A said...

It sounds like my boy had a fun day! I'm happy that you and Collin made his day so special. I wish we could all have been there, but we'll just have to wait until our reunion in Pennsylvania next June!