BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Bucknell is in España




















The Bucknell students have arrived. Our kids were really excited to see them. We all went out to dinner near our house. They put pitchers of beer and sangria on the table. I had mosto. We had jamon serrano and manchego, meatballs (Ian was the only one who ate those), salad (with corn, red peppers, white asparagus, tuna and olives), and you could chose your main course. Most people chose calamari and potatoes. Collin got ternera, which I know is red meat, but I'm not sure what kind. He didn't like it. I liked mine alright. Our kids ate pizza with ham on it. Aidan and Ian also ate calamari. The students offered some of their calamari to Ian since they could tell that he liked it. Collin and I both felt bad about the waste of food. There was a ton of food leftover, but I guess it isn't in good taste here to take home a doggie bag. The students were very quiet at dinner. Mostly Collin, Fatima and I talked. I like Fatima, she is funny and interesting to talk to. Ian said that Cody, one of the students, looks like Carlos Baute, a famous singer here in Spain that has his picture up on a huge poster at Corte Ingles. Afterwards, we walked along Paseo de la Virgen. There was a free concert going on. Collin had me run into Corte Ingles to get some maps for the students, but they were all out.


Ian has been wearing his new Sonic hat that Lola got him constantly, even though it is between 70-90 F every day. Emma loves her new tennis shoes from Grammy and has worn them every day since she got them, one night she wore them to bed without anything else. Aidan, my sweet boy, made me breakfast one morning, just because.

1 comments:

Grammy A said...

I'm glad the Bucknell students are in Granada, now. Although I knowing you're enjoying your time in Spain... it's probably nice to have some people from home, too.

I love all seeing all the happenings with my babies, too. I love Ian's Sonic hat, I'm SO happy Emma loves her shoes, and you're right... Aidan IS a sweet boy! Maybe he can make ME some breakfast sometime... just because. PLEASE give them big hugs and kisses from me!