BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Wrong Number

My friend Flor's dad died in Ecuador today. She doesn't have enough money to buy a ticket to fly to Ecuador for his funeral. He died of prostate cancer which was misdiagnosed by the doctors here in Spain. When they finally realized what he had, it was too late and the cancer was too advanced. He wanted to fly home to be in his own country when he died and he got his wish. He flew there on Sunday and died this morning. I was trying to call the sister missionaries to let them know since besides me, Flor doesn't really have many friends and I thought that they could comfort her a little.


I got what I thought was the right number from Ana Maria and dialed it. A girl answered and I said, "Hola, soy Tara, quien es?" thinking it was one of the sister missionaries. The girl who answered the phone said, "This is the girlfriend of (guy's name)." So I said, "Oh sorry, I think I dialed the wrong number." And I hung up. I thought I dialed it wrong so I dialed again and realized it was the same wrong one and hung up. The girlfriend called me back and started asking me questions and I said, "Really, I just dialed the wrong number!" Her boyfriend got on the phone and said, "Where are you from anyway?" I said, "The United States," the girlfriend said, "LIAR!" and started crying. I said, "Look, I'm not trying to cause problems, I just dialed the wrong number!" I handed the phone to Collin in panic and he was going to explain things to the guy, but the guy said, "Well, don't make the same mistake again!" and hung up. I hate knowing that a couple is probably having a giant argument and it is all my fault because I can't get the numbers 6 and 7 straight in Spanish!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

So did she think you were someone he was having an affair with?

hshih20 said...

helllooo drama! love the pics of your family... just gorgeous!