BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, November 20, 2009

Luna Nueva

Aidan and I went to see Luna Nueva at the Neptuno 2000 theater in Granada. We wanted to see the 7 o'clock show, but it was sold out so we had to see the 8:40 pm show. There were three different theaters within the theater showing it and there was a show every 1/2 hour, but since it was a Friday night and every teenager in Granada wanted to see it. . . . Aidan and I spent our time window shopping while we waited. We found the coolest variety store. It had fake Harry Potter action figures, but called them "Hurry Peter." I was annoyed that I didn't have my camera. 


The doors to our theater were locked and had an electronic sign that said "proteyado" above it. The doors opened and went got carried along the tide of teenagers into the theater where the credits of the previous show were still playing. Here in Spain you have an assigned seat like you would in a concert. Aidan and I ended up near the front, but in the center. A couple in front of us was making out and Aidan said, "Why do there always have to be teenagers that always kiss when the people in the movie are smooching?" There were popcorn and wrappers all  over the floor. I guess they don't sweep in between showings. 

They showed the WORST previews. Aidan was understandably freaked out when they showed previews for Sorority Row and some movie about a guy making a pact with the Devil. I had to cover his eyes for most of the previews. I kind of felt like a bad parent for taking him, but there were about 5 other kids under the age of 12 in the theater, including a 6 year old. Plus, I didn't know they were going to show previews for horror movies. Aidan has read books 1-3 and wanted to see the movie with me. The Twilight movies are pretty tame, but I guess they figured vampires would bring in the horror movie crowd.

I really liked the movie. It was so fun to watch it with such an engaged crowd. When Jacob pulled off his shirt to mop the blood off Bella's face, every girl in the crowd swooned and said stuff like, "¡Madre mía!, and "¡qué cuerpazo tiene!" When Edward and Bella kissed, more swooning and all the girls were saying, "¡qué bonito!" At the end of the movie when Edward tells Bella she has to marry him if she wants to become a vampire, the crowd burst into applause and screamed and whooped. I spent a lot of the movie with a goofy smile on my face and was trying to hide it from Aidan. He kept saying, "Quit putting your hands on your face, it's so annoying!" I really wanted Jacob and Bella to kiss and I was whispering, "Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!" Aidan told me to stop doing that too. I think it was also too scary for him during the beginning part with the Voluturi. I probably should have seen it with Rocío, but it was a fun mother-son date anyway. Beforehand, Aidan and I went to a candy shop and I let him pick whatever he wanted. He ended up with a bag of gum. I had assorted gummies. They had the cutest gummy candy shaped like flan. I think Aidan had a good time, despite the scary parts and my giddy unmomlike behavior. We didn't get home until 11:30 pm. I hope he sleeps in tomorrow.

2 comments:

amber said...

I can totally picture you saying kiss,kiss,kiss. Just like when you would put your arms up over your head and say "running naked, running naked!" When we watched alien love.

LAR Girl said...

Yup, that's pretty much how it was. Sorry Max, you've been replaced. Whatever happened to Roswell anyway? I stopped watching after they moved networks.