BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, November 2, 2009

Los Cahorros otra vez















































Today was All Saints Day so the kids didn't have school. I had to bribe Ian with half an hour of computer to get out of bed and go on a hike with us. We took them to the same spot Collin and I went to before. They absolutely loved it! Aidan was in 7th heaven: sticks, rocks, river, mountains, dirt, open sky, etc., We took the lower route with the kids, but still went over the high bridges, through the cave and along the difficult parts together. Collin dunked Ian into the freezing stream head first. It was hilarious! He was going to dunk Emma too, but she didn't want to go in. Aidan didn't even want Collin to hang him upside down over the water. Collin fell in the stream while trying to carry Ian across the stream to a meadow on the other side. Ian and Aidan didn't want to quit hiking, but Emma wanted to go home. Ian was definitely glad he didn't stay in bed. We passed a bunch of people on the way back so we were all glad we got an early start. Oh yeah, that gross picture of my armpit was taken as proof of accepting a dare. Collin dared me grow out my armpit hair to prove I was a real mountain mama. I shaved right after seeing that picture. The natural look just doesn't become me at all. I can't make it work.


Later we went to lunch at Fatima and Jaime's. Jaime made some delicious tortilla; salad with cabbage, pineapple, raisins, and walnuts; green salad; bread; nachos with olives, cheese, and red peppers; and chicken fajitas with tortillas. I really liked the salad a lot. I'll have to ask Fatima for the recipe for the tortilla and salad. Jaime is an excellent cook. I am amazed that he does most of the cooking in the house. He claims that if you can make a couple Spanish things that are the base of every Spanish dish, you can be a reasonably good cook. The tortilla was probably one of the best, if not the best, I've ever had. It was beautiful too, it was almost fake looking it was so perfect. Emma ate three big pieces. She also said that if I made tortilla that way every time, she would eat it whether it had onions or not. Collin opened a drink like Sprite and it sprayed everywhere! It was really funny. We brought some dark and regular Ferrero Rochers and they had ice cream bars. I really like the way their house is decorated with all the Audrey Hepburn pictures and a very modern bathroom.

We had a great time chatting with them. The kids LOVED playing with Paula. She was chasing Ian around and let the kids kiss her. She kissed Aidan three times. I think he's in love. They kept saying how adorable she is and how they love playing with her. Collin and I were looking at Fatima's old photo albums of Jaime and her when they were younger. Fatima's sisters Natalia and Begonia were also there. So was Begonia's daughter, Carolina. I wasn't on my game with my Spanish at all today. I don't know if it is because I've had a little break from my lessons or what. I was having a very hard time communicating. The kids also watched a Doraemon movie with Paula. Jaime showed us some Pafman comics which kind of remind me of the Simpsons in the way they make fun of everything. Fatima lent us some DVDs:Dralion and Alegria (both Cirque du Soleil), Casablanca and Mujeres al borde de un ataque de Nervios. I could practically see Ian taking notes while we watched one of the Cirque du Soleil DVDs and he was trying to imitate some of the stunts we saw.

Ian's new thing he does when he passes a certain bus stop bench is to lay on it and pose like he thinks a model does. It cracks me up. He and Aidan have also recently been making what they call their "handsome faces." Those boys!

0 comments: